Prevention Measures to Reduce the Spread of COVID-19 in a Child Care Setting
Thursday, February 11, 2021
Many industries have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, but few more than childcare. Many centers have closed temporarily or permanently, and all have faced challenges in providing a safe environment for children while maintaining business viability.
Care-a-lot was founded in 1991 by Carol and Bob Moore. Because of their strong reputation for quality care and early childhood education, the Moores were welcomed to assume the operations of other area childcare programs over the past 20 years. In 2017, Care-a-lot was purchased by David Kolczynski, who is committed to maintaining the high standards of care at each site. Care-a-lot is now serving families in six locations in the Greater Rochester region, from North Greece to Canandaigua.
In this presentation, we will show how Care-a-lot created, implemented and monitored policies and protocols to effectively manage the spread of COVID-19 in our childcare facilities, and the role that our company culture played in the success of these efforts. In addition to reviewing the methodologies, we will present data related to the effectiveness of the policies in controlling the spread across our multiple centers and differing age groups. There will be time for questions and discussion after the presentation.
- David Kolczynski, President, Care-a-lot
- Shannon Rynkiewicz, Director of Programs, Care-a-lot
JOIN US FOR THIS PROGRAM
- Date: Thursday, February 11
- Time: 8:30 - 10:00 a.m.
- Location: On-line. You will receive Zoom access information in an email confirming your registration.
- Cost: Free to GRQC members and non-members
- Registration: Register by clicking the button below. You will receive Zoom information in your reminder email sent three days before the event. PLEASE NOTE: On-line registration may not work with the Internet Explorer browser. Edge, Chrome or Firefox will work fine.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.